Tuesday 17 November 2009

Latest Project...

We have recently started a new group project to design and build a piece of furniture primarily made from wood. I'm really enjoying this project because we have so much scope and there are so many things that we can do with a couple of planks of wood! I'm also enjoying researching for it because there are so many amazing and clever designs that I have came across for example the rag chair which i found on the Droog website which is basically a chair constructed from old recycled rags which have been tied tightly together. I'm really interested in the peices of furniture which have been made from recycled or simple infinite materials because I think that in our current economic climate it's so important to incorporate these different but everyday economically friendly materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment